It is Cowboys week. The Giants head down to Dallas to face off against divisional rival the Cowboys. Even though the Cowboys have one win compared to the Giants at this moment, both teams have underperformed to their liking.
This week I decided to grill a Tomahawk Ribeye steak to honor the Texas style of BBQ and their love of beef. One reason why I picked it was because I miss being at the tailgates every weekend and one of the things our friend Alan grills a few times a year especially for big games. This week with them playing made me miss my normal routine even though today is a road game. Until next week enjoy the video and go Giants!
Grilled Tomahawk Ribeye Steak
1 tomahawk steak, approx. 2.5 lbs
4 tbsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- Take steak out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature about 30-40 mins.
- Pat dry the steak and sprinkle seasoning on both sides, pressing it into the meat
- Preheat grill to 500 degrees. Once at 500, sear both sides of the steak about 1-2 on each side rotating the steak 90 degree at the halfway point.
- Once seared, turn down the grill to med/low heat between 350-400 and cook the steak on indirect heat for about 20-25 on each side, rotating at the halfway point.
- For medium, cook the steak to 160 degree (use a meat thermometer for best results). Allow steak to rest for 15-20 mins to allow the juices to redistribute back into the meat.
- After the steak has rested, slice steak and enjoy!